?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Whewf

This week I have been assaying the hemolymph samples I collected from the California cricket species, to measure how much protein, carbohydrate, and lipid they contain.

No big surprises with protein or carbohydrate, and in addition, I did an amazingly good job with the carbohydrate assay, so that was great.

The lipid assay today...did not go quite as well as I would have liked. In general, lipids are a pain in the butt. I'm too tired to even describe what went wrong and why, but I'll try again tomorrow. Not everything went wrong, really - I had around a 50% success rate. It's just the other 50% that are frustrating.

This entry was originally posted at http://rebeccmeister.dreamwidth.org/1157747.html. Please comment there using OpenID.

Latest Month

November 2017
S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Naoto Kishi